The services provided by Age Concern North Shore include:
- Accredited Visiting Service provides companionship and social contact through matching a screened, volunteer friend to an older person who may be lonely. If you would like more information on being a visitor or are over 65 and would like to know more about having a visitor, contact the Co-ordinator email: email@example.com or phone: (09) 929 2307.
- Education/Health Promotion: A programme of activities and resources on a variety of subjects are developed in partnership with older people and other community groups. Some of our regular Health promotion activities include:
- Our ‘Calendar of Activities’ – provides a comprehensive list of activities pertinent to older people. It includes social, support, physical and educational opportunities available on the North Shore. Copies are available from the office or a pdf copy can be downloaded from www.agewell.org.nz – Members will have their own copy posted to them.
- We can provide a speaker to Seniors’ groups to talk about the role and services of Age Concern North Shore and on Falls Prevention. To arrange, please contact our Health Promoter at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (09) 929 2312
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Service for older people who may be having difficulty with a problem or are concerned about a friend or neighbour. Trained staff are available for home visits if needed. This is a discreet and confidential service. For advice, support or information email: email@example.com or phone (09) 929 2309
- Chinese Services. Our Chinese social worker/health promoter provides:
* Intervention and education support for the Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention team with a particular focus on vulnerable Chinese Elders.
* Community development and health promotion for Chinese Seniors via regular groups and outings.
* Chinese Accredited Visiting service providing companionship and social contact through matching a screened, volunteer friend to older people who may be lonely. o For more information contact Jane Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 929 2311
- Total Mobility Scheme provides assessment and provision of a Total Mobility taxi card for people who are unable to drive or use public transport due to a disability. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Life Tubes