Services at Age Concern Waitaki ( Oamaru )
- Support Services, Information, Advice and Personal Advocacy: Responding in person/phone to a range of queries from older people and their carers eg. Advising where to obtain a service, what is available. Providing confidential support and empowerment to older people.
- Information Resources: Providing written materials eg pamphlets and resources.
- Visiting Services: Providing volunteer visitors who make regular visits to socially isolated older people in their homes.
- Social Activities: Holding events that provide social connection between older people eg. drop in centres
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Service: We don’t have this service at present being handled by us. If we hear of any elder abuse or neglect happening in the community we pass it on to police or social services.
- In-home Support: Referring on to recommended services (eg. trade services) that can provide for the necessary maintenance work to be done in client’s homes.
- Food Services: Providing in-home food services, such as Meals on Wheels.
- Sale or loan of equipment: wheelchairs, data projector
- Representation: Providing representation and advice on older peoples’ issues to local influential groups eg. District Councils.