Senior Chef is a FREE eight-week course for people aged 60 and over who want to improve their cooking skills, confidence, or motivation around cooking for one or two people.
Classes are three hours long, and run once a week, usually starting at 10am. There are usually eight to 10 people in a class.
Each weekly class includes:
1. Nutrition education, for example, eating well for older people, menu planning, budgeting, shopping tips.
2. Preparing and cooking a meal in pairs.
3. Sharing the meal with the group.
Classes are held in various locations around Canterbury.
How do I join a Senior Chef course?
- Contact the Senior Chef team on 374 1639 or email here
- Or contact the GP team who will refer you
“Cooking for Older People” recipe book order form – this book is provided free to those who attend Senior Chef but it is also available to purchase. Order one here.
For more information go to: www.seniorchef.co.nz