We are New Zealand’s only nationwide book club specialist. We lend fiction and non-fiction titles to participating book clubs, so all members of a group can read the same book at the same time, then meet to share their experiences, discuss themes and contribute ideas.
Benefits of being part of a Book Discussion Scheme club/group:
- Choose from hundreds of hand-picked fiction and non-fiction titles — from classics to the latest releases
- Enjoy affordable pricing with discounts for club organisers/convenors
- Establish an enjoyable reading and socialising routine
- Expand your thinking and learn more by reading titles you might not otherwise have come across or chosen
- Open your mind through hearing the differing perspectives of your group members
- Deepen your discussions with our professionally-produced book notes
- NZ-wide delivery included in your membership fee
Individuals can start their own group, or join an existing group. To find groups looking for extra members, see www.bds.org.nz/join.
Further information for migrants:
We also have a selection of titles designed to improve conversational English and reading comprehension. If you would like to start an Intermediate English Book Group, please contact email@example.com for a catalogue and information pack.
Further information about library groups:
There are many BDS book clubs that take place in Christchurch libraries. These are run by a local librarian so all the organisation is taken care of. They’re a great way to try out book club for the first time and meet new people. To find a book group in a library near you, visit www.bds.org.nz/join and search the online map, or contact us to enquire.
Book groups are a great way to make reading a social activity.
Book Discussion Scheme book groups borrow books and discussion notes, making it an affordable and convenient way to be part of a book group. Men and women are catered for. 100s of fiction and non-fiction titles to choose from.
For more information about how to join or form a group, see our website bds.org.nz or phone 365 6210 (Christchurch) . Groups throughout NZ.