The 24 hour surgery have scheduled closures from 10pm till 8am the following morning on these dates:
- Thursday 7th September
- Friday 8th September
- Saturday 9th September
- Sunday 10th September
- Friday 15th September
- Saturday 16th September
From Thursday 21 September, 24 Hour Surgery will close to patients each evening between 10pm and 8am the following day. This is a temporary solution to our current nursing shortages and we will be returning to 24 hour service as soon as we are able to safely do so.
“We will close our doors at 10pm to ensure we can see all patients before our staff finish their shift at midnight. Depending on the number of patients waiting, we may need to close our doors prior to 10pm,” General Manager Patient and Provider Services, Lisa Brennan, said.
“The hours between midnight to 8am are typically our quietest so we’ve chosen to redistribute our staff to our busier times to ensure we are able to support as many people as possible.”
24 Hour Surgery are working closely with our health system partners, including Te Whatu Ora, St John and Healthline, to ensure that their services are prepared for this change in opening hours.
We ask people to visit yourbestcare.co.nz to learn more about the healthcare choices available to them, including virtual providers. Those with urgent medical concerns should call Healthline on 0800 611 116. In an emergency, always call 111 or go to the Emergency Department at Christchurch Hospital.
This is a temporary solution to their current staff shortages, and we will be returning to a 24 hour service as soon as they’re are able to safely do so. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
For more information visit their FAQ’s here: https://www.pegasus.health.nz/scheduled-closures-at-24…/
There are a number of health care options available:
- Healthline provides 24/7 health advice on the phone. Freephone 0800 116 611. Note, this service may be challenging for non-English speakers.
- PlunketLine is a free parent helpline and advice service available to all families, whānau and caregivers 24/7. Freephone 0800 933 922. Note, this service may be challenging for non-English speakers.
- 1737 – Need to Talk is a free 24/7 service for people feeling down, anxious, a bit overwhelmed or just need to chat to someone. Call or text for free on 1737.
- The Emergency Department at Christchurch Hospital is a free emergency health care service that’s available 24/7. For those who haven’t visited in a few years, the Emergency Department is now on the Southeast side of the campus.
- Local pharmacists are a convenient source of free healthcare advice and can help with a broad range of issues. Many Countdown supermarkets have pharmacies that are open late. For a full list of pharmacies and opening hours visit: https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/search?q=pharmacies®ion=canterbury
A list of bilingual pharmacies can be found here: https://www.pegasus.health.nz/bilingual-pharmacies/