The service provides:
– Support for adults & children (from 4 years) who experience bladder and/or bowel problems.
– Assessment, education & treatment on a one to one basis.
– Liaison with other health professionals & agencies.
– Information & education to the community & health professionals.
– A free service except some charges for specific programmes.
– Assessment for eligibility for subsidized product supply.
– Home visits for some clients.
– Community clinics in Merivale between 8am & 5 pm.
– Satellite clinics in Kaiapoi fortnightly & in Kaikoura as the need arises.
Referrals are accepted from all sources & are triaged re their suitability for the service & their category.
Clinics are by appointment ONLY & have waiting times that vary from 4 to 16 weeks.