Formerly known as Supporting Families NZ and before that Schizophrenia Fellowship Canterbury, we’re Yellow Brick Road; a national organisation that provides support for whānau who have a loved one experiencing mental health challenges.
After 40 years of experience working with people around New Zealand, we know that if the family of a loved one experiencing mental distress are correctly supported and empowered, the path they walk leads to increased wellbeing for the whole whānau.
Every day we set out to ensure they feel listened to, supported, equipped and confident to overcome the challenges they face.
Yellow Brick Road Canterbury support services include:
- 1-on-1 and group support sessions
- Mental health and wellbeing programmes for adults, tamariki and rangatahi
- Advocacy services
- Family peer support groups
- Referral to other services
- Wraparound service for those bereaved by suicide
- Navigation to other services where appropriate
- Workforce training about how to work with families (suitable for professionals and families)